Check out our 2017 Pledge Campaign!
2017 Pledge FAQ
A number of payment options are available for your convenience.
Automatic withdrawal — Preferred Method!
Automatic payments provide a steady, predictable flow of funds to meet our Congregation’s expenses. You can either:
- Use an automatic bill pay service if one is available through your financial institution
- Sign up for a payment plan by logging into your Realm account (see Church Administrator for more information)
On-line payments— You can make one-time or scheduled payments on OUUC’s secure online giving page from your checking or savings account or with your debit or credit card. If you use a card, please add 3% to your gift to cover the fees OUUC will incur.
Weekly offering— If you wish to pay weekly on Sundays, please use the envelope provided in your Order of Service to ensure your payment is applied correctly.
Cash or check— Checks can be mailed to OUUC. Cash or checks can be given to the OUUC Administrator. Be sure to indicate what your payment is for so it will be applied correctly.
Direct stock transfer*— You can fulfill all or part of your pledge by making a direct transfer of appreciated stock to OUUC. It’s a win-win situation – on your tax return you can deduct the fair market value of the stocks on the day of your gift as a charitable donation and you avoid paying capital gains taxes because there was no sale. If you wish to pay your pledge through a stock transfer please contact the OUUC Administrator for specific instructions.*
IRA qualified charitable distribution* — If you are over age 70½ and face Required Minimal Distributions (RMD) from your retirement accounts, you can instruct your IRA administrator to make a donation directly to OUUC that will be counted as part of your minimal distribution. You cannot deduct these ‘IRA qualified charitable distributions’ on your tax return; however, the amount of the transferred donation is not taxable income to you so you will probably pay lower taxes overall.*
* Please consult your tax professional for advice and further details.
Payments for Adult Education fees, event tickets, special offerings, etc can be made by:
- Checks mailed or delivered to the church office,
- Cash delivered to the church office or placed in the offering basket (in an envelope indicating who it is from and what it is for),
- One-time payments made on our secure online giving page using credit, debit, checking or savings accounts, or
- Credit and debit card services available in the church office on Sunday mornings or during weekday office hours.