Each Sunday with occasional exceptions, half of our OUUC offering is given to a local South Sound service organization, that serves society’s well-being, in keeping with our Unitarian Universalist principles. Recipients change every two months.
Click here to see a list of recipients since September 2004.
Anyone from OUUC may suggest an organization for consideration in the Share the Plate program. Local community organizations may also nominate themselves. Nominations are collected and reviewed by the Share the Plate Committee in September for inclusion in the following year’s Share the Plate program. An effort is made to select organizations spanning a wide spectrum of services in the South Sound area.
Please submit your application by August 31, 2017, for the 2018 Share the Plate program.
To help the Share the Plate Committee evaluate applications, organizations are asked to:
- Show their mission is reflective of Unitarian Universalist principles;
- Hold 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, or be affiliated with an organization that has 501(c)(3) status;
- Serve primarily the South Sound region;
- Have an annual operating budget of not more than $750,000 (special consideration may be given on a case-by-case basis);
- Provide services that serve a unique niche in the community or region;
- Specify the impact Share the Plate funds will have on the organization’s services;
- Show a history of stability and success at what they do.